$5/page (aka Structural editing aka Substantive aka Developmental Editing ) is a more in-depth edit of the manuscript.
Includes Line editing and Copyediting plus auxiliary sentence re-writes up to 5% of your entire document when necessary.
It also reviews the plot/character elements for consistency in fiction/non-fiction works.
Editor reviews a draft marking recommended edits, sends it to the writer to make changes, and review the changes the writer accepted to make sure they were made correctly.
Additionally, Editor will:
1) Correct errors in syntax in regard to sentence structure. In certain instances, the editor may suggest the author change the sentence structure in order to preserve the intended meaning.
2) Alter phrases and word choices deemed inappropriate for the subject matter or readership.
3) Preserve plot line, character traits, and consistency throughout.
4) Flag minor instances where the material strays from the intended purpose.
5) Maintain development documents to maintain plot line and character traits in fiction titles.
6) Review writing for style and clarity.
Editor will not: a) Reorganize paragraphs to make the material more logical to the reader. If this is required, a heavy developmental edit is more appropriate.
Content editing may be comb